Tuesday, December 12, 2006
Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Monday, November 06, 2006
MondayDecided I should try to get my bike (1997 Kawasaki ZX-6) running again. Last season about this time I developed a slow leak in the new rear tire and decided to park it. Washed bike. Battery dead. Put on charger.
WednesdayBattery shows some signs of life, but only 12.2 V. Replace battery ($50).
ThursdayBike starts, runs, despite the old gas. Added some Gumout (50 ml) to the tank. Inflated rear tire. Went for a short (6 mi) ride, and it seems to hold pressure.
FridayRear tire flat. Found out why after about 10 seconds of inspection: 2 inch long piece of metal (aluminum roofing staple, perhaps) embedded in tread. After about 30 minutes of poking and prodding, it comes out. Air soon follows. Added 8 oz of Slime, which seems to seal it.
SundayTire still holding pressure. Take a short test ride. After less than one mile, a hornet stings me on the neck near the windpipe around the top of my jacket's zipper. Return home for meds. Ride for about 5 miles. Rear tire is flat. Decide to give up on patching and order new rear tire. Discover tire (Dunlop D205) is no longer in production, replaced with D220, so I have to order a new front tire as well.
MondayOrdered new tires; total cost about $210 from BikeBandit.com. Mount and balance will be about another $70; must remember to insist on new valve stems this time.
Update: TuesdayOne of the new tires is back-ordered. Guess which one? Yes, the rear, the one I really need. ETA: 2 weeks. And the front has already shipped. Sigh.
Monday, October 30, 2006
Tuesday, October 17, 2006
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Guess what? I'm told you can still download Caldera's OpenLinux 3.1.1 from the Internet. Yup. OpenLinux is still marching on, thanks to that perfect license the GPL...
My initial reaction was, "So? Hasn't this been established for a long time?" Well, maybe not. Then I remembered a little item I have in a stack of old Linux CDs: If you can't see images for some reasons, these are two CDs labelled, "LINUX TECHNOLOGY PREVIEW FEATURING THE NEW LINUX 2.4 KERNEL PREVIEW", "© 2000, Caldera Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved". The first CD is labelled "Installation Disk" and also has the note "GPL Source downloadable from: ftp.calderasystems.com/pub/LTP". (Incidentally, that directory is still there, and it has a SRPMS directory, but it's empty.) The second CD is labelled "Source Code". I popped in the Source CD and lookie lookie: Linux-2.4.0 source code, can it be? One of the files inside that RPM is linux-2.4.0-test3.tar.bz2. You can also find this file on the kernel.org archives and the accompanying PGP/GPG signature matches which proves it's the same file:
gpg: Signature made Tue 10 Oct 2000 02:39:32 AM EDT using DSA key ID 517D0F0E gpg: Good signature from "Linux Kernel Archives Verification Key
So here is a standing offer to IBM: If you want to borrow these CDs for your case against SCO, you are more than welcome to have them free-of-charge, although when it's all over, I'd like them back so I can frame them and hang them on my wall and laugh. I won't object if you frame them for me or put them in a nice display case, but this is not a requirement. Owned.
Wednesday, September 27, 2006
You should see the ones I threw away. I kept this really blurry one because it's actually a little creepier.
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
4. Eligibility for Receiving a Free Item for Referral-based websites
(a) For this particular website, users must do the following to be eligible to get approval to receive their free product:
i. You must successfully complete the following sponsored offers: two (2) offers from Silver Offers, two (2) offers from Gold Offers, and eight (8) offers on Platinum Offers.
ii. Refer at least two (2) unique person (s) who join(s) and also correctly complete(s) the same offer requirements listed above.
(b) After a user signs up with our website and successfully completes an offer, they must get two (2) person(s) to also sign up with our website and successfully complete the same offer requirements to get their free item. In order to connect these referrals to the original user, we issue this user a unique link to our offer site, which they must then distribute to the intended parties. Thus, the user is entirely responsible for all communications regarding our offer sites. At no point during the offer process does ShoppersSavingCenter.com send out any communications on the user's behalf to encourage such signups to occur.
(c) A user may complete more than required offers and may refer more than two (2) referrals, but cannot earn more than 1 free product with their account. Any additional referrals or offer completions will not result in any additional free items.
(d) Referrals completing multiple offers will only count once towards referral accruement for the referrer.
(e) We will only give out credit for referrals who join by clicking on your referral link code. Anyone who does not click this URL or type it into their web browser exactly cannot be tracked, and thus, cannot be connected to your account. Note that some applications can remove the tracking part of this URL. Users assume the risk of not getting credit for some referrals when using our site(s).
(f) Users may only receive 1 free item per account.
(g) A user must have a valid email address and a valid shipping address in the United States. The user should also note that some products cannot be shipped to PO Boxes. We only allow one account per shipping address.
(h) Users must be residents of the United States, and there can only be one account per shipping address.
(i) This offer expires 60 days from the date you register on the site. If at the end of the 60 day period, you have successfully completed the required number sponsored offers but have not referred two (2) unique households who have successfully completed the required number sponsored offers, you will not be eligible to receive the free promotional item; but as a consolation for participating, you will automatically receive a complementary $50 gift card.
In other words, you've got to buy 12 other things (exactly what is not known until you sign up), get two other suckers to sign up, and your suckers have to each buy the 12 mystery crap items, all within 60 days. Your basic pyramid scheme.
Wednesday, September 13, 2006
notlogical operators, and it has
^(xor) bitwise operators, but no logical
xor. However, since you can pass any object to
bool()and get back a boolean (
False), and booleans are automatically convertable to integers (1, 0), the bitwise operators work on booleans as well:
>>> True ^ True False >>> True ^ False True >>> False ^ False False >>>
However, if testing things that are not actually booleans or integers, you need to wrap them in
>>> "foo" ^ None Traceback (most recent call last): File "
", line 1, in ? TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for ^: 'str' and 'NoneType' >>> bool("foo") ^ bool(None) True
Updated 2006-09-14. I realized you could also use
is not with booleans to get an xor operator:
>>> True is not True False >>> True is not False True >>> False is not False False
This seems more Pythonic. As with
^, non-booleans must be wrapped with
>>> bool("foo") is not bool(None) True >>> bool("foo") is not bool("bar") False
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
- Bush: CIA kept terror suspects in secret prisons: President Bush on Wednesday for the first time acknowledged the use of secret CIA prisons outside U.S. borders to hold top suspects captured in the war on terrorism; detainees will get rights under the Geneva Convention. (bush cia evil terrorism war iraq us politics news liberty security)
- NYC Unveils 9/11 Memorial Hole | The Onion - America's Finest News Source: Days before the fifth anniversary of the destruction of New York's World Trade Center by terrorists, city officials gathered on the site where the Twin Towers once stood to dedicate the newly completed 9/11 Memorial Hole. (9/11nyc newyork us terrorism news humor theonion)
Tuesday, September 05, 2006
- Schneier on Security: Scorecard from the War on Terror: Most "terrorism" arrests are not for actual terrorism; they're for other things. (crime law security terrorism war)
- Caltech Physicists Successfully Split The Bill | The Onion - America's Finest News Source: Sequestered in a private booth at a Pasadena-area Cheesecake Factory for nearly 25 minutes, a party of eight California Institute Of Technology physicists emerged exhausted but visibly excited Friday evening after successfully splitting the bill. (physics science mathematics humor us california news theonion)
- Ubuntu Christian Edition: Coming soon: Jubuntu (Jewish Edition), Mubuntu (Islamic Edition), and Wiccubuntu (Wiccan Edition, includes WiccaWiki). (culture funny weird ubuntu religion linux)
Monday, September 04, 2006
- Australia's "Crocodile Hunter" Irwin dies: Queensland state government sources quoted by Australian Associated Press (AAP) said Steve Irwin, 44, whose television show "The Crocodile Hunter" won international acclaim and popularized the phrase "Crikey," was believed to have been killed by a stingra (australia news weird)
Sunday, September 03, 2006
- Katrina rescuer is sued by boat owner: A Broadmoor man who said he rescued more than 200 residents after commandeering a boat during the flood after Hurricane Katrina is being sued by the boat's owner for taking it "without receiving permission." What a dick. (boingboing news us katrina evil lawsuit)
- Bomb Or Not? Training For Government Agents!: (bomb humor politics security terrorism travel tsa)
Friday, September 01, 2006
Thursday, August 31, 2006
- Bloggermann: Feeling morally, intellectually confused?: Dissent and disagreement with government is the life’s blood of human freedom; and not merely because it is the first roadblock against the kind of tyranny the men Mr. Rumsfeld likes to think of as “his” troops still fight, this very evening, in Ira (media news politics rant war iraq)
- eWeek | Django: Python on a Plane: Where is Samuel L. Jackson when you need him? (django python web programming framework)
- udk: oood.py - a simple daemon for OpenOffice.org: oood.py is a daemon, which controls a pool of 'anonymous' office instances (workers). The workers can be used as backend for Java/python/C++ batch processes for document conversion, mail merges, etc. (openoffice python)
- Python isn't just Java without the compile | 2006-08-30 | BitWorking: One of the advantages of a dynamic language is the ability to drop the compile from the edit/compile/run cycle, but there is much more to it than that. (python java django productivity programming)
- ACTION COMICS NO. 1: The original golden age comic. Interesting if only for some of the techniques. Even then, Superman was kind of a dick, pretending to be a pussy. (art comic history design superman)
- anders.com: djbdns / tinydns Record Builder: Some newer data types such as SRV and NAPTR records aren't nativly supported by tinydns but can be represented through the generic record syntax. These tools create standard djbdns records for these record types. (djb dns tool web tinydns djbdns spf)
Saturday, August 26, 2006
Friday, August 25, 2006
- LDAP Authentication In Linux | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials: This howto will show you howto store your users in LDAP and authenticate some of the services against it. (authentication howto linux security pam ldap)
- Nude teens raise eyebrows | Oddly Enough | Reuters.com: Some have appeared naked in a downtown parking lot. Others rode their bicycles or simply strolled the streets in the nude. Teenagers in the quaint Vermont town of Brattleboro are raising eyebrows this summer with brazen displays of nudity. (us vermont news weird nude)
- Field & Stream - Photo Gallery - Make a Survival Kit out of an Altoids Tin: This is ideal for anyone who wants to have the essential survival gear along each time they head into the field. Everything fits in the Altoids tin. It fulfills all the component groups except for shelter and protection. (cool howto reference travel altoids survival)
- List of ethnic slurs - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: Ethic slurs from 51st-Stater to Zulu. (culture reference howto insult funny weird)
- Offensive terms per nationality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: How to insult people from nearly any country. (racism insult howto reference funny)
- New And Improved: Enable XGL/Compiz On Ubuntu Dapper Drake: Still trying to figure out how to get gdm to start the Xgl server automatically. (linux ubuntu opengl xgl X)
Thursday, August 24, 2006
- Swastika - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: The swastika is a sacred symbol in Hinduism and Jainism. However, in the Western world, it is most widely known and used as a symbol of Nazism. (anthropology culture history india reference religion germany nazi politics media)
- Under fire, Indian eatery drops Hitler from name | Oddly Enough | Reuters.com: A restaurant in India's financial hub has agreed to change its name from "Hitler's Cross" following strong protests. "Our intention was not to glorify Hitler or his atrocities or ideology in any way and we regret the anguish caused by the use of this name (india hitler history nazi germany restaurant weird news politics)
- CNN.com - Pluto gets the boot - Aug 24, 2006: Leading astronomers declared Thursday that Pluto is no longer a planet under historic new guidelines that downsize the solar system from nine planets to eight. Instead, it will be reclassified in a new category of "dwarf planets". (Let's blow it up, just (news astronomy pluto)
Wednesday, August 23, 2006
Tuesday, August 22, 2006
- The Secret Effort to Influence the US Public to enter WW2: Staring at what they thought was an imminent invasion, and needing the US assistance, the UK embarked on a massive spy operation, one that used psyops in a big way and media manipulation in order to try and change public opinion in the US. (wwii history propaganda uk us nazi germany)
Monday, August 21, 2006
- Newly Reclassified Top Secret Well-Known Public Information: The Bush administration has taken to re-classifying as secret very well-known and public information about the number of nuclear weapons and historical facts about the development of the U.S. nuclear program. (bush security evil dod)
- Wired 14.08: Batteries Included: The world's first lithium-ion supercar is here. Zero emissions never looked so hot. (car cool environment energy)
- Sebastian the cat gets 'grilled' - Yahoo! News: If that isn't the face of evil, I don't know what is. (evil cat photo culture)
Saturday, August 19, 2006
Friday, August 18, 2006
- Oh My God It’s Django!: Guido just pronounced: Django is *the* web framework. (django python web framework)
- The Onion | Kitten Thinks Of Nothing But Murder All Day: (humor cute kitten photo murder theonion)
- The FBI's Upgrade That Wasn't: $170 Million Bought an Unusable Computer System (fbi us news disaster software evil)
Thursday, August 17, 2006
Wednesday, August 16, 2006
- Cromartie High School - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia: This might be my favorite anime series. (anime japan weird funny humor)
- loc.alize.us - Explore your world through everyone's eyes: A smart way to browse and locate Flickr images on large map of the world. Filter photos by selecting a specific tag or searching for your buddy's user name. All navigation is done without any page refresh. An app that may save your boring afternoons. (ajax flickr google del.icio.us culture photography social web2.0 web mashup)
- Sploid: Goodbye Forever: I am very sorry to see Sploid going away, as they were one of my main sources of hard-hitting, crazy bullshit. What will I post about now? (sploid)
- U.S. Dedicates $64 Billion To Undermining Gates Foundation Efforts | The Onion - America's Finest News Source: The Bush Administration unveiled a new $64 billion spending package Monday for a joint CIA–Pentagon program aimed at neutralizing the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's global humanitarian network. (bush evil cia pentagon disaster health africa microsoft humor us news theonion)
Tuesday, August 15, 2006
- ACME product catalog - a photoset on Flickr: DVD screen captures of ACME (and other) products as seen in the Looney Tunes "Golden Collection" (cartoon funny history)
- Iron Systems, Inc.: Inexpensive rack-mount servers (Intel and AMD) with pre-installed Linux (several distros). (amd bsd centos debian fedora freebsd gentoo hardware intel linux netbsd openbsd redhat suse)
Monday, August 14, 2006
- Sploid: 'Lock up everybody!': Michael Chertoff -- who many say looks just like an undead version of Soviet dictator Vladimir Lenin -- says the United States needs more constant surveillance of everybody so he can lock up more "possible terrorists." (dhs evil liberty news security surveillance terrorism us)
- US accused of jumping the gun in blaming al-Qaeda - Britain - Times Online: There is suspicion that the speed with which the US linked al-Qaeda to the plot was motivated by political considerations because, before the November mid-term Congressional elections. (airline bush evil fraud liberty news security terrorism uk us)
Saturday, August 12, 2006
- Free Menu Designs - e-lusion.com: Need a block menu fast? Some simple CSS menu designs for you to download and use any way you see fit. (css design free html menu)
- Stu Nicholls | CSSplay | A css only dropdown menu: The ULTIMATE CSS only drop-down menu (css design html menu)
- August 22: Does Iran have something in store?: Good news everyone! Christians and Muslims have something in common: They're both hoping for the End of the World by nuclear apocalypse so they can go to heaven! Wait, that's not good news. That's not good news at all. (evil iran israel nuke religion war weird)
Friday, August 11, 2006
Thursday, August 10, 2006
Wednesday, August 09, 2006
- For some evangelicals, Mideast war stirs hope: Believing the Mideast conflict is a sign that Christ will return soon, some evangelical groups have cheered Israel's military actions. (evil news religion sploid war weird)
- Sploid: Nature's Monsters: From coast to coast, a savage enemy is attacking Americans again and again ... from within. The menace is the common otter, a monstrous killer in the innocuous guise of a cute, harmless water critter. (animal cute florida news otter sploid terrorism us weird)
- Condoleezza Rice Holds Bathtime Talks With Undersea Representatives | The Onion - America's Finest News Source: Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice called developments "encouraging" on the first day of diplomatic talks with representatives from the underwater kingdom of Rubba Dubdub, which were held in the spacious bathtub of Rice's private D.C. residence on Monday (humor news photo politics theonion us washingtondc)
- New Oliver Stone 9/11 Film Introduces 'Single Plane' Theory | The Onion - America's Finest News Source: Academy Award-winning director Oliver Stone said Monday that his new film World Trade Center unveils "compelling and controversial" new evidence that a single plane was responsible for all four collisions in New York, Washington, D.C., and Pennsylvania on (9/11 humor movie news theonion us)
Tuesday, August 08, 2006
- the Figure Drawing LAB: This site is devoted to better understanding of the elements that make up the human figure and how to better portray them. It is intended as a resource for artists and art students who work with the human form. (art drawing howto reference)
- OSSEC HIDS - Open Source Security: OSSEC HIDS is an Open Source Host-based Intrusion Detection System. It performs log analysis, integrity checking, rootkit detection, time-based alerting and active response. (administration gpl linux security software unix windows)
Monday, August 07, 2006
- Boing Boing: Only traitors try to make us afraid of terrorists: The point of terrorism is to create terror, and by cynically convincing us that our very countries are at risk from terrorism, our politicians have delivered utter victory to the terrorists: we are terrified. (boingboing liberty politics rant security terrorism us)
- George W. Bush's Weekly Radio Address: Apocalypse Update (audio bush mp3 news oil politics scifi theonion war)
- Prohibitively High Rocket-Fuel Prices Bring Mideast Crisis To Standstill | The Onion - America's Finest News Source: As the cost of rocket fuel soared to $630 per gallon Monday, Middle Easterners who depend on the non-renewable propellant to power 10-kilogram rockets have been forced to severely restrict their daily bombing routines. (funny humor israel news politics theonion war)
Sunday, August 06, 2006
Friday, August 04, 2006
Thursday, August 03, 2006
- Historic Preservation Ordinance - Bad Or Good?: One set of rules for government, another for citizens. (athensga georgia politics rant)
- Boing Boing: Steampunk cartoon from SciFi channel: Amazing Screw-On Head: SciFi.com is hosting the entire pilot of a proposed new animated steampunk toon called "The Amazing Screw-On Head," based on the comics of the same name. Mirrored on You Tube (sciffi is slammed). (boingboing cartoon cool scifi weird)
- Sploid: U.S. heroes bombed their gov't!: As World War II veterans returned home to Athens, TN,, shamelessly corrupt sleazebags ran the local "political machine." When the election of August 1946 was stolen, the tough veterans launched a mini-American Revolution and won. (crime evil history liberty politics tennessee us)
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
- XP's No-Reformat, Nondestructive Total-Rebuild Option: how to completely rebuild, repair, or refresh an existing XP installation without losing data, and without having to reinstall user software, reformat, or otherwise destructively alter the setup. (administration howto recovery reference windows)
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
- Who Needs Congress or Courts With Bush?: The Congress writes the laws. The president executes them. The courts decide whether they violate the Constitution. When a president claims he can rewrite a law before executing it, he is acting as all three branches. (bush congress evil law politics rant us)
- Bush Grants Self Permission To Grant More Power To Self | The Onion - America's Finest News Source: Bush: "I promise the American people that I will not abuse this new power, unless it becomes necessary to grant myself the power to do so at a later time." (bush evil humor news politics theonion us)
Friday, July 28, 2006
Thursday, July 27, 2006
- Wikipedia Celebrates 750 Years Of American Independence | The Onion - America's Finest News Source: "According to our database, that's 212 years older than the Eiffel Tower, 347 years older than the earliest-known woolly-mammoth fossil, and a full 493 years older than the microwave oven." (funny history humor internet news theonion us wiki)
Wednesday, July 26, 2006
- CNN.com - Lance Bass: I'm gay - Jul 26, 2006: 'N Sync singer worried he would harm group. In other news, scientists discover water is wet. (gay music news)
- CNN.com - Dobbs: Why is the president ignoring our laws? - Jul 26, 2006: Lou Dobbs argues that President Bush has been flouting the Constitution by picking and choosing which laws he enforces. (bush congress evil politics rant us)
- YouTube - Owl / 貓頭鷹 / mao tou ying / cat / bird: How to frighten owls, and the unexpected result. (funny japan owl video weird)
Tuesday, July 25, 2006
Monday, July 24, 2006
- How to Avoid Going to Jail under 18 U.S.C. Section 1001 for Lying to Government Agents: Rule #1: Insist on having counsel present. Rule #2. *Insist* on having counsel present. (crime howto law politics privacy reference security us)
- FBI plans new Net-tapping push - CNET News.com: New legislation, seen by News.com, would force ISPs and net gear makers to build in Big Brother. (calea congress evil internet law liberty nsa politics privacy security surveillance terrorism us)
- The 'terrorist' batting average - The Boston Globe: Since 2001, federal officials have carried out wave after wave of arrests and crackdowns on alleged terrorist financing. But none of those apprehended in the United States have been linked to Al Qaeda. (declan evil politics security terrorism tsa us)
- CNN.com - Inquiry: Secret bills aided Cunningham - Jul 23, 2006: Cunningham's case has put a stark spotlight on the oversight of classified -- or "black" -- budgets. Unlike legislation dealing with social and economic issues, intelligence bills and parts of defense bills are written in private, in the name of national (cia congress crime evil politics security us)
Friday, July 14, 2006
- Framework Performance in Ruby on Rails: Django beats Ruby on Rails and Symfony (PHP) by a good margin. (apache benchmarking django framework php python rails ruby)
- Sploid: Idiot clown crime wave: Traditional evil clowns acted alone -- if confronted by one of the face-painted monsters, you at least had a chance of escaping. No longer; the creeps have organized into trailer-trash gangs and are terrorizing towns across America. (clown crime evil news rap sploid us weird)
Thursday, July 13, 2006
- Fuck Everything, We're Doing Five Blades | The Onion - America's Finest News Source: Added for it's prophesy value, since Gillette introducted their 5-blade razor (Fusion) in early 2006, two years after this article originally came out. (business humor rant theonion)
Wednesday, July 12, 2006
- The Gentle People: Impressed by their piety, courts have permitted the Amish to live outside the law. But in some places, the group's ethic of forgive and forget has produced a plague of incest—and let many perpetrators go unpunished. (amish crime culture evil news religion sex technology us weird)
- U.N. Orders Wonka To Submit To Chocolate Factory Inspections | The Onion - America's Finest News Source: The chocolate-making capabilities of Wonka's heavily fortified compound have long been a source of speculation. Wonka, defying international calls for full disclosure, has maintained his silence regarding his factory's suspected capacity to manufacture co (bush chocolate cia humor news theonion un)
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Friday, July 07, 2006
- On July 14th, one del.icio.us user will win $100. Enter this contest.: One randomly-selected del.icio.us user who bookmarks this page will win $100. (del.icio.us greed network social weird)
- 'Breast ironing' to stunt girls' growth widespread: "Breast ironing" -- the use of hard or heated objects or other substances to try to stunt breast growth in girls to lessen their sexual attractiveness -- is a traditional practice in West Africa, experts say. (africa boobs culture evil news weird)
- New Scientist Features - 13 things that do not make sense: 1 The placebo effect.2 The horizon problem.3 Ultra-energetic cosmic rays. 4 Belfast homeopathy results.5 Dark matter. 6 Viking's methane. 7 Tetraneutrons. 8 The Pioneer anomaly. 9 Dark energy. 10 The Kuiper cliff. 11 The Wow signal. 12 Not-so-constant con (medicine physics science space weird)
Wednesday, July 05, 2006
Monday, July 03, 2006
Friday, June 30, 2006
- Alex Jones' Infowars.com :: Because There is a War on For Your Mind: (9/11 bush conspiracy evil fema illuminati internet liberty media news nwo politics propaganda protest religion war)
- Sploid: La Familia De Bush: Jenna Bush is headed to Latin America as the latest member of the Bush Dynasty ordered to "become Hispanic." Is the New World Order being forged by marriage like in the days of kings? (bush evil mexico news nwo sploid us weird)
Monday, June 26, 2006
Wednesday, June 21, 2006
- Constitution of the Confederate States of America- what was changed?: Overall, the CSA constitution does not radically alter the federal system that was set up under the United States constitution. It is thus very debatable as to whether the CSA is significantly more pro "states' rights" (as supporters claim) in any meaning (education history law reference us)
- The Morning News Gallery - Files Are Not for Sharing, by Matthew Baldwin & Goopymart: How you might explain file sharing to impressionable youngsters if you were the RIAA/MPAA. (cartoon copyright culture humor mpaa p2p riaa)
Tuesday, June 20, 2006
- Boing Boing: How do homosexual animals evolve?: Joan Roughgarden, a transgendered professor of biology at Stanford University, has penned a fascinating-sounding book on the evolutionary role of homosexuality called Evolution's Rainbow. (biology boingboing evolution gay japan science weird)
- CNN.com - Lewis the cat gets home detention - Jun 20, 2006: Judge spares accused serial-scratcher, owner on probation (cat connecticut crime news us weird)
- CNN.com - Georgia governor threatens to sue Army Corps of Engineers - Jun 20, 2006: The Corps acknowledged over the weekend that a faulty gauge at Lake Lanier had allowed 22 billion gallons of water to be released by mistake. The amount of water mistakenly drained would have been enough to support the city of Atlanta for 118 days. (atlanta ga news us)
Thursday, June 15, 2006
- ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive Project Blog: Meta: The $100,000 Animation Drawing Course- Lesson 1: How would you like to learn to draw for animation from one of the greatest cartoonists of the golden age, and one of the greatest current cartoonists? Here's your chance... (art blog cartoon cool design education free howto illustration johnk reference)
- ASIFA-Hollywood Animation Archive Project Blog: Media: Willard Mullin on Animals: Mullin was not only the greatest sports cartoonist of his day, he was also one of the most talented artists ever to work in newspaper comics. (animal cartoon history howto illustration racism reference)
- Wolf Park: Wolf Park is a nonprofit education and research facility, open to the general public from May through November and Saturday evening for Howl Nights. The park is home to several packs of gray wolves, plus foxes and bison. (animal bison education fox research wolf)